Active holidays in the Harz Mountains
Hotel FREIgeist in Northeim is situated quite close to the Harz mountain range. Only 30 minutes by car and you begin your day trip in the lower mountain range of the German “Mittelgebirge”. Visit the towns of Osterode or Herzberg am Harz and the next day enjoy a fascinating cycle tour around the lakes of the “Northeimer Seenplatte”. The natural landscapes of Lower Saxony will soon take you away from the world of everyday! Take a look at our special offers for active holidays in the Harz region.
A hotel in the forest. Just a moment… a hotel in the forest? Bingo. Outdoor enthusiasts and sport freaks this is for you – you will love it! FREIgeist Northeim is situated on the Leine-Heide cycle trail, the Leine-Weser cycle route, the European Long Distance Hiking Trail E11 and even the Via Scandinavica, a variant of the pilgrims’ route to Santiago de Compostela – just in case you are intending to come by bicycle or on foot ;).
Make the most of your free time together. Burn up your energy on a mountain bike tour, test your head for heights in the ropes course at the heart of nature or take a guided tour of our forests with a local forester. Various modules can be booked for groups of 6-10 persons: check out our pdf here
- Early check in 11:00 and late check out 14:00 (available on request)
- The package is bookable from 6 persons.
- free shuttle service from/to mainstation Northeim (available on request)
- free shuttle service to the start of your hiking destination (within 25 km available on request)
- free shuttle service from/to Northeim station (available on request)
- free shuttle service to the start of your cycling destination (within 25 km available on request)